I am not sure if you know but the 2020 Census is happening right now and the county needs you as ambassadors to spread these three key points. Is your pen or pencil ready? (PAUSE) Ok, let’s go!
The Census is Safe, It’s Easy and It’s Important!
The Census is Safe. The Census is only used to count how many people live in your area so your family and friends can have the best resources for years to come. Can everyone say Safe? Great!
The Census is Easy. One person can complete the census for everyone living in the house and it takes 10 minutes or less to complete. The Census can be completed online, on the phone or by mail. The Census is in many different languages so everyone can complete it! Can everyone say Easy? Awesome!
Lastly, the Census is Important. Information from the Census provides the basis for distributing more than $675 billion dollars, which helps fund schools, hospitals and many other programs that we need especially during this pandemic. Can you say Important? Outstanding!
In 2010, the County lost $363 million dollars and we can’t afford to do that again. To complete the Census online, please head to my2020census.gov or by phone call 844-330-2020. We are currently a 61.5% and our goal is 85%. With your help we can get it and show the world that you are Proud to Be Counted!
Also, for current information and County updates pertaining to the Coronavirus, please visit HEALTH.MGPC.US/CORONAVIRUS.
Meet Stacey Abrams, the first black woman in US history to be nominated for governor, who’s vying to be Biden’s VP
Stacey Abrams has gained traction this year with her unabashed campaign to become Joe Biden’s running mate in the 2020 presidential election.
Abrams became a household name in 2018 as the first black woman to win a gubernatorial nomination for either political party. Her closely fought race against former Secretary of State Brian Kemp received national attention after reports of voter suppression circulated throughout the state.
Though Abrams saw her loss as a devastating blow, she’s carried out her political career with a focus on equality, fair elections, and championing a progressive platform.
The 46-year-old politician served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 2007-17, and was minority leader for the last seven of those years. She also made a side-career as an author, writing at least eight suspenseful romance novels, and producing her own television series.
Stacey Abrams was born on December 9, 1973, to parents Robert and Carolyn Abrams. She grew up partially in Gulfport, Mississippi, but when she was 15 years old, her family moved to Atlanta so her parents could pursue careers as Methodist ministers.
Cases Per Million
- Bad Bunny And Bobi Wine Are Among The Global Artists Singing About CoronavirusThey're using music to raise awareness about COVID-19 — and how to reduce its spread. Researchers say that songs can help transmit important information during a disease outbreak.(Image credit: Joel Saget/AFP via Getty Images; John Parra/Getty Images for Spotify) ... read more
- Star-Studded ‘One World’ Concert To Rally Support For Health Care WorkersThe global virtual event starts at 8 p.m. ET. Curated by Lady Gaga, the special promises performances from Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Billie Eilish.(Image credit: NBC/Getty Images) ... read more
- ‘You Just Get Written Off:’ One Inmate On Life On Rikers During The PandemicRikers Island jail in New York City is currently in the midst of a COVID-19 outbreak. Inmate Daryl Campbell is currently under quarantine and shares his experience.(Image credit: Emmanuel Dunand/AFP via Getty Images) ... read more
- DJ Dahi Unpacks His Spiritual Samples for Pusha T and Kendrick LamarWhen DJ Dahi reverses samples — or alters his voice — to produce hits for the likes of Pusha T, Kendrick Lamar or Childish Gambino, it's a ministry of texture and sound. (Image credit: NPR) ... read more
- Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Money Trees’ Is A Time MachineA song from the rapper's landmark album good kid, m.A.A.d city, produced by DJ Dahi, is built around an atmospheric sample. For one writer, it's a portal back to a night out in L.A. in 2015.(Image credit: Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images) ... read more
- Watch: Mali Music – “Cry” [MUSIC VIDEO]
- Jesus Saves: K-Ci Hailey Debuts New Inspirational Song [VIDEO]K-Ci reflects on how his faith carried him through an unexpected health issue that threatened his livelihood. The post Jesus Saves: K-Ci Hailey Debuts New Inspirational Song [VIDEO] appeared first on GospelGoodies.com. ... read more
- New Video: Lyrica Anderson – “Marriott”Shot right before the nation’s orders to stay at home, Lyrica Anderson is here to deliver her latest video “Marriott.” The talented singer, songwriter first appears in a sultry leopard print jumpsuit, and has spicy lyrics to follow. “Marriott” captures the essence of lows in relationships, unexpected breakups and confusion, ... read more
- The Legends: Teddy Riley and BabyfaceBabyface “Verzuz” Teddy Riley IG-live event was epic with over four million people participating including industry luminaries. With so many more music lovers trying to log on, it seems as if Instagram was not able to handle such a massive crowd. Here’s a recap of some highlights from the event. ... read more
- New Music: KeKe Palmer – “Sticky”Who knew little “Keela from the Bee could get nasty?” KeKe Palmer is dripping in swag on her new single “Sticky.” KeKe’s confidence is on full display as she flexes on the trap leaning productions. “Lip gloss sticky/Attitude b*tchy/How I taste? Peachy/He wanna lick my Keke” she she spits on ... read more
- 4 union leaders: Coronavirus is a stress test for capitalism, and we see encouraging signsAmericans should note which companies and politicians stood up for workers in the coronavirus pandemic, and which ones kept expanding the income gap. ... read more
- Overwhelmed hospitals, equipment shortages: Coronavirus pandemic is playing out as state planners expectedEmergency experts knew medical supplies would likely run out in a severe pandemic, so state preparedness plans instruct doctors who to save first. ... read more
- ‘Time to #FireFauci?’ Donald Trump retweets a call for Dr. Anthony Fauci’s dismissalTrump and Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, have disputed each other vaccines and hydroxychloroquine. ... read more
- Exclusive: In four devastating weeks, Americans’ fears of the coronavirus have explodedExcusive: Polls on U.S. attitudes toward the coronavirus, taken one month apart, show seismic shifts in views of the perils now and ahead. ... read more
- NASCAR driver Kyle Larson uses racial slur during stream of virtual raceNASCAR driver Kyle Larson used a racial slur during livestream broadcast of an exhibition virtual race on Sunday night. It was broadcast on Twitch. ... read more
All Information About Hemingway Memorial AME Church
Bold Faith! Bold Future!
Hemingway Memorial AME Church
Hemingway Memorial AME Church