I am not sure if you know but the 2020 Census is happening right now and the county needs you as ambassadors to spread these three key points. Is your pen or pencil ready? (PAUSE) Ok, let’s go!
The Census is Safe, It’s Easy and It’s Important!
The Census is Safe. The Census is only used to count how many people live in your area so your family and friends can have the best resources for years to come. Can everyone say Safe? Great!
The Census is Easy. One person can complete the census for everyone living in the house and it takes 10 minutes or less to complete. The Census can be completed online, on the phone or by mail. The Census is in many different languages so everyone can complete it! Can everyone say Easy? Awesome!
Lastly, the Census is Important. Information from the Census provides the basis for distributing more than $675 billion dollars, which helps fund schools, hospitals and many other programs that we need especially during this pandemic. Can you say Important? Outstanding!
In 2010, the County lost $363 million dollars and we can’t afford to do that again. To complete the Census online, please head to my2020census.gov or by phone call 844-330-2020. We are currently a 61.5% and our goal is 85%. With your help we can get it and show the world that you are Proud to Be Counted!
Also, for current information and County updates pertaining to the Coronavirus, please visit HEALTH.MGPC.US/CORONAVIRUS.
Meet Stacey Abrams, the first black woman in US history to be nominated for governor, who’s vying to be Biden’s VP
Stacey Abrams has gained traction this year with her unabashed campaign to become Joe Biden’s running mate in the 2020 presidential election.
Abrams became a household name in 2018 as the first black woman to win a gubernatorial nomination for either political party. Her closely fought race against former Secretary of State Brian Kemp received national attention after reports of voter suppression circulated throughout the state.
Though Abrams saw her loss as a devastating blow, she’s carried out her political career with a focus on equality, fair elections, and championing a progressive platform.
The 46-year-old politician served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 2007-17, and was minority leader for the last seven of those years. She also made a side-career as an author, writing at least eight suspenseful romance novels, and producing her own television series.
Stacey Abrams was born on December 9, 1973, to parents Robert and Carolyn Abrams. She grew up partially in Gulfport, Mississippi, but when she was 15 years old, her family moved to Atlanta so her parents could pursue careers as Methodist ministers.
Cases Per Million
- Joe Pug On Mountain StageSongwriter Joe Pug returns to Mountain Stage to share songs from his latest album, The Flood in Color.(Image credit: Brian Blauser/Courtesy of the artist) ... read more
- Tiny Desk Contest: Celebrating Creative 2020 Entries Filmed In QuarantineWe're impressed by the ingenuity we've seen from Contest entrants making great music under less-than-ideal circumstances. If you have a song you'd like us to hear, you can enter until April 27.(Image credit: YouTube/NPR) ... read more
- Stream Our Public Radio Music Day Playlist, Featuring Songs About The RadioFrom Steely Dan's "FM" to Donna Summers' "On The Radio," from R.E.M.'s "Radio Free Europe" to LL Cool J's "I Can't Live Without My Radio," stream our playlist to celebrate Public Radio Music Day.(Image credit: Jewel Samad/AFP via Getty Images) ... read more
- Courtney Marie Andrews’ Quarantine Recommendations: Gardening And PoetryIn Our Daily Breather, we ask artists how to find calm in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. Courtney Marie Andrews recommends gardening and poetry, and shares a new song from her forthcoming album.(Image credit: Sam Stenson/Courtesy of the artist) ... read more
- Celebrate Public Radio Music DayThis Thursday, tune in to your local station both online and on-air to enjoy exclusive programming and celebrate the vital role that public radio plays in the music world. ... read more
- Iconic Civil Rights Leaders John Lewis & Rev. C.T. Vivian Pass AwayMay their legacies live on forever… The post Iconic Civil Rights Leaders John Lewis & Rev. C.T. Vivian Pass Away appeared first on GospelGoodies.com. ... read more
- Listen & Repeat: Karen Clark Sheard’s Grandchildren Can SANG Too! [VIDEO]There's no doubt about it: Musical talent runs in the Clark family. The post Listen & Repeat: Karen Clark Sheard’s Grandchildren Can SANG Too! [VIDEO] appeared first on GospelGoodies.com. ... read more
- Egyptian artist pre kai ro shines on Glo Up EPWe take you all the way to Africa for the latest look at a rising artist. Fusing elements of hip hop, R&B, and Afrobeat, Egyptian artist pre kai ro is ready for you to witness the glow up. The R&B singer recently dropped his latest project Glo Up, a 7-track ... read more
- New Music: Elijah Melo – PeaceEngland continues to prove the nation across the pond is ripe with talented musicians worth hearing in America. Making a big splash is London-based artist Elijah Melo. The quadruple threat, rapper/singer/songwriter/producer, is here with his latest track “Peace.” On top of laying down the vocals, Melo wrote and produced “Peace.” ... read more
- After Viral Success, New R&B Star Sugar Follows With EP, Love LettersHe is best known as the celebrity barber to mega-stars Lil Nas X, Post Malone and Young Thug. The latest viral sensation Sugar gained wide-spread popularity with a catchy serenade gimmick brought to you in part by the popular food app, Postmates. Taking his act to the next level, the ... read more
- Amid coronavirus uncertainties, don’t put voter health at risk in fall election: SenatorsThe next coronavirus relief package must include money and direction for states to expand mail voting, early voting and online voter registration. ... read more
- NFL draft 2020 rankings: Chase Young, Joe Burrow headline top 50 rankingsJoe Burrow is expected to be the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL draft, but the LSU QB takes a backseat to Ohio State DE Chase Young in our rankings. ... read more
- Day 33 without sports😭: Five overlooked moments that proved to change the course of sports historyThe legacies of many teams, athletes might be considerably different if not for some memorable-in-hindsight events. ... read more
- A Tale of Three Cities: COVID-19 in Florida’s most vulnerable populationsIn three Florida cities, some of the most vulnerable populations are in the crosshairs of COVID-19. ... read more
- Easter tornadoes in Deep South cause multiple deathsAn Easter storm system that brought tornadoes to Mississippi and Louisiana caused multiple fatalities. ... read more
All Information About Hemingway Memorial AME Church
Bold Faith! Bold Future!
Hemingway Memorial AME Church
Hemingway Memorial AME Church