I am not sure if you know but the 2020 Census is happening right now and the county needs you as ambassadors to spread these three key points. Is your pen or pencil ready? (PAUSE) Ok, let’s go!
The Census is Safe, It’s Easy and It’s Important!
The Census is Safe. The Census is only used to count how many people live in your area so your family and friends can have the best resources for years to come. Can everyone say Safe? Great!
The Census is Easy. One person can complete the census for everyone living in the house and it takes 10 minutes or less to complete. The Census can be completed online, on the phone or by mail. The Census is in many different languages so everyone can complete it! Can everyone say Easy? Awesome!
Lastly, the Census is Important. Information from the Census provides the basis for distributing more than $675 billion dollars, which helps fund schools, hospitals and many other programs that we need especially during this pandemic. Can you say Important? Outstanding!
In 2010, the County lost $363 million dollars and we can’t afford to do that again. To complete the Census online, please head to my2020census.gov or by phone call 844-330-2020. We are currently a 61.5% and our goal is 85%. With your help we can get it and show the world that you are Proud to Be Counted!
Also, for current information and County updates pertaining to the Coronavirus, please visit HEALTH.MGPC.US/CORONAVIRUS.
Meet Stacey Abrams, the first black woman in US history to be nominated for governor, who’s vying to be Biden’s VP
Stacey Abrams has gained traction this year with her unabashed campaign to become Joe Biden’s running mate in the 2020 presidential election.
Abrams became a household name in 2018 as the first black woman to win a gubernatorial nomination for either political party. Her closely fought race against former Secretary of State Brian Kemp received national attention after reports of voter suppression circulated throughout the state.
Though Abrams saw her loss as a devastating blow, she’s carried out her political career with a focus on equality, fair elections, and championing a progressive platform.
The 46-year-old politician served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 2007-17, and was minority leader for the last seven of those years. She also made a side-career as an author, writing at least eight suspenseful romance novels, and producing her own television series.
Stacey Abrams was born on December 9, 1973, to parents Robert and Carolyn Abrams. She grew up partially in Gulfport, Mississippi, but when she was 15 years old, her family moved to Atlanta so her parents could pursue careers as Methodist ministers.
Cases Per Million
- Marin Alsop On Her Swing Orchestra And Stepping Down From The Baltimore SymphonyWe learn all kinds of interesting things when we're at loose ends during a pandemic lockdown. Did you know that Baltimore Symphony Orchetsra Music Director Marin Alsop co-founded a swing band?(Image credit: Anthony Wallace/AFP via Getty Images) ... read more
- Clubbing In The Time Of COVID-19: Berlin Clubs Are Closed, So DJs Are LivestreamingPeople are dancing at home to livestreamed sets. "I think this is probably the most difficult time since World War II," says Lutz Leichsenring of the Berlin Club Commission. "Everything is shut down."(Image credit: Sandra Garanca/Tommy Four Seven) ... read more
- The ‘Genius Move’ That Helped Drake’s New Song ‘Toosie Slide’ Hit No. 1Drake is now the first male artist with three No. 1 debuts on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. His most recent hit has raised the question of how TikTok is fueling chart success.(Image credit: Prince Williams/WireImage) ... read more
- How Tarriona ‘Tank’ Ball Of Tank And The Bangas Is Finding Calm During A CrisisIn Our Daily Breather, we ask writers and artists to recommend ways to find calm in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. Tarriona "Tank" Ball of Tank and the Bangas recommends trying something new.(Image credit: Gus Bennett/Courtesy of the artist) ... read more
- Join NPR Music’s Listening Party For Fiona Apple’s ‘Fetch The Bolt Cutters’Today at 3 p.m. ET, we will host a listening party for Fiona Apple's first album in eight years. Join the chat room, ask our expert panel questions and shout your love. (Image credit: Courtesy of the artist) ... read more
- Nia Allen Drops ‘Every Nation’ EP
- Listen: Melvin Crispell III – “Wonderful Is Your Name”If you’re in need of some feel good music, this is it. The post Listen: Melvin Crispell III – “Wonderful Is Your Name” appeared first on GospelGoodies.com. ... read more
- WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSEDOver recent years, R&B artists have steered away from only releasing music on certain days of the week. Since there’s always something new coming out, we know it’s sometimes difficult to stay updated on all things R&B. Although we’re always here to give you day-by-day updates, we figured giving you ... read more
- Rotimi Drops Acoustic EP Unplugged Sessions While In QuarantineLooking for some new music while you quarantine and chill? Rotimi aka “Sexy Nigerian Buttaschotch” has got you covered. The multi-hyphenate star has taken this time in isolation to drop a 6-track EP titled Unplugged Sessions. He took to the studio in his new Atlanta home to create three new ... read more
- New Music: Chloe x Halle & Swae Lee “Catch Up”Grammy nominated sister duo Chloe x Halle are back with their new single “Catch Up”. The ladies have teamed up with rapper Swae Lee on the Mike WiLL Made-It production. The song is set to feature on the duo’s sophomore album Ungodly Hour. The ladies have been busy since releasing their ... read more
- Coronavirus testing giant performs high-wire act of promises vs. realityPresident Trump put Abbott on the national stage as a coronavirus testing game-changer, health experts say they new test isn't high-volume solution. ... read more
- Coronavirus live updates: U.S. deaths decline again; Trump take swipe at Fauci; planning underway to reopen countryThe U.S. death toll topped 22,000 on Monday, a full month after President Donald Trump declared coronavirus as a national emergency. ... read more
- Second TSA employee dies from coronavirus, 373 total workers test positiveA second TSA employee, Alberto Camacho, died from coronavirus the same day the agency announced its first worker had died. ... read more
- George Stephanopoulos tests positive for COVID-19, hasn’t had ‘any of the classic symptoms’"Good Morning America" anchor George Stephanopoulos says that he has not had any of the "classic symptoms" of the novel coronavirus. ... read more
- There’s nothing normal about learning from home: How coronavirus school closures could cause ‘historic academic regression’Some schools have been learning online for a month. Others are just starting this week. Some use paper packets. And some can't even find all students. ... read more
All Information About Hemingway Memorial AME Church
Bold Faith! Bold Future!
Hemingway Memorial AME Church
Hemingway Memorial AME Church